Ten faculty from the University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) have been selected to form the newest cohort of the ACES Academy for Global Engagement (Global Academy).
This year’s Academy program will explore academic partnerships for ACES in Cuba with the University of Havana, Agrarian University of Havana, and University of Pinar del Rio. A capstone immersion visit to Cuba is projected for Spring 2017.
The Global Academy training program promotes greater internationalization of the College by providing a platform and support to ACES faculty who wish to further their global research through meaningful and targeted international partnerships.
The 2016-17 ACES Academy for Global Engagement
- Dr. Peter Christensen, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
- Dr. Sandy Dall’Erba, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
- Dr. Dan Miller, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Dr. Bill Million, University of Illinois Extension
- Dr. Cameron Pittelkow, Department of Crop Sciences
- Dr. Marcella Raffaelli, Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Dr. Chance Riggins, Department of Crop Sciences
- Dr. Jeffrey Brawn (senior fellow), Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Dr. Sharon Nickols (senior fellow), Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Dr. Mike Ward (senior fellow), Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
Participating in the Global Academy requires an academic year commitment to the program, which focuses on global activities at the college, campus, and national levels, and culminates with an international immersion experience.
Senior fellows are Academy alumni and senior faculty who provide expertise and mentoring to new fellows.
For more information on the ACES Global Academy, visit: https://international.aces.illinois.edu/