We're leading innovative research, outreach and education programs in Illinois and around the world.
Research in ACE helps policy makers, businesses, farmers, and consumers to:
- Improve the performance of commodity and speculative markets
- Manage risk to farmers with innovative financial instruments and strategies
- Improve agri-business outcomes through supply chain management
- Make cost-effective improvements to environmental quality
- Promote conservation of natural resources and energy efficiency
- Increase food security in developing countries and the U.S.
- Reduce poverty and conflict in developing countries
- Foster consumer wellness in food and financial decision making
- Glean knowledge from the new generation of “big data”
Your support of the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics helps prepare our students for future careers, empower our faculty to conduct impactful research, and support ongoing projects.