Office of International Programs announces the 2018-19 Academy for Global Engagement (Global Academy)
Seven faculty and staff from the University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) have been selected to form the newest cohort of the ACES Academy for Global Engagement (Global Academy).
The 2018-19 Global Academy, which marks the twelfth year of the program, will focus on building academic partnerships in South Africa, specifically with the University of Pretoria and the University of Kwa Zulu Natal.
The Global Academy training program encourages greater internationalization of the College by providing a platform and assistance to ACES faculty and staff who wish to further their global research, teaching, and service engagements.
The scholars selected for the 2018-19 ACES Academy for Global Engagement are:
- Dr. Dustin Boler, Assistant Professor (Animal Sciences)
- Dr. David Bullock, Professor (Agricultural and Consumer Economics)
- Dr. Sandy Dall’erba, Associate Professor (Agricultural and Consumer Economics)
- Dr. Tony Grift, Associate Professor (Agricultural and Biological Engineering)
- Grant McCarty, Extension Educator
- Dr. Carmen Ugarte, Research Specialist (Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences)
- Dr. Frank Zhao, Professor (Crop Sciences)
Participating in the Global Academy requires an academic year commitment to the program, which focuses on global activities at the college, campus, and national levels, and culminates with an international immersion experience. A full cohort visit to South Africa is planned for June 2019.
For more information about the ACES Global Academy, visit: https://international.aces.illinois.edu/