As they conduct their job and internship searches, the Department of ACE encourages students to take advantage of the myriad resources available to them on campus. While campus does not match students to job or internship sites, there are many offices, events, and courses that assist students in conducting productive searches, creating quality application materials, and participating in excellent interviews. Some important resources include:
- ACES Career Services: Housed in the College of ACES, students will find career experts who can counsel them on their job or graduate school search, provide interview support, review their resumes, and more!
- The Career Center: Open to everyone on campus, career professionals provide similar support but also include pre-professional training opportunities.
- Handshake@Illinois: Our campus-wide recruiting platform helps thousands of students connect with employers each year.
- Career Fairs: All University of Illinois students are invited to attend all campus career fairs. Our students tend to find the ACES + LAS Career Fair and the Gies College of Business Career Fair to be the most beneficial.
- ACE 341: With sections specific to each concentration, students in these required professionalism courses have access to recruiters and alumni who present each week as well as lectures and discussions geared toward successfully navigating the transition from college to career.
- Experiential Learning Opportunities: ACE encourages students to take advantage of experiential learning opportunities afforded to them through the department, college, university, and their clubs and organizations. These opportunities allow students to build their networks and their skills, making them more marketable when they begin their internship and job searches.