Information on this page is for current University of Illinois students. If you are not currently a student at the University of Illinois and wish to transfer, please review the transfer resources available here for eligibility and application information.
All current University of Illinois students who wish to transfer to a concentration in ACE and all current ACE students who wish to change concentrations must complete the transfer process.
The next opportunity to apply to transfer to ACE or within ACE for current Illinois students is in March. The deadline is Friday, March 20, 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon). Applications are available here or in 304 Mumford Hall.
About the Application
Transfer into all Department of ACE concentrations is competitive. Strong applications will demonstrate interests aligned with ACE concentration; potential to complete all requirements within 10 total semesters; and GPA in UIUC courses and “core” courses. A 3.0 GPA is considered competitive, but students with a GPA below 3.0 are still encouraged to apply if the other elements of their application are strong.
Applications can be sent as email attachments to email@example.com or delivered as hard copy to 304 Mumford Hall.
Required Classes for Transfer
All applicants must have credit for or be currently enrolled in:
- ACE 100 (Applied Microeconomics) or ECON 102 (Microeconomics) AND
- At least one of the QRI required Math courses from either
GROUP 1: MATH 124 (Finite Mathematics), MATH 125 (Elementary Linear Algebra), or
GROUP 2: MATH 220 (Calculus), MATH 221 (Calculus I), MATH 234 (Calculus for Business).
Suggested Classes for Transfer
ACE does not have explicit course requirements beyond the aforementioned to be eligible to apply and transfer.
Students can make progress towards completing the requirements for the ACE majors and demonstrate affinity for the major by taking and excelling in the courses listed below.
- Second course from the remaining ACE QRI MATH GROUP requirement, i.e. GROUP 1 -- MATH 124, 125, or 231 or GROUP 2 -- MATH 220, 221 or 234
- ECON 103 (Macroeconomics)
- ACE 161 (Microcomputer Applications) or CS 105 (Intro to Computing for Non-Tech Majors)
- ACCY 201 (Accountancy I)
- CMN 101 (Public Speaking - if took RHET 105) or CMN 112 (Oral & Written Comm II - if took CMN 111)
- ACE 261 (Applied Statistical Methods) or ACE 262 (Applied Statistical Methods and Data Analytics I) or ECON 202
ICT INFORMATION SESSIONS (not required for transfer) will be held in 305 Mumford Hall on the following dates:
- Thursday, February 27 from 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
- Tuesday, March 3 from 4:00-4:45 pm
- Thursday, March 5 from 3:00-3:45 pm
- Wednesday, March 11 from 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
Please download the application here or visit us in 304 Mumford Hall for a hard copy.