Express your interest in pursuing a certificate. Once accepted, you will receive an email with further instructions for registration.
Students eligible: Current University of Illinois students or recent ACE graduates
Semesters of course offerings: Spring, Fall
Program length: 12 total credit hours
The Certificate in Commodity Price Analysis and Risk Management is designed to provide students with a solid understanding of:
- how commodity prices and price spreads move
- what drives them
- how to trade commodities
- how to manage the risks
By earning the certificate, student demonstrate to employers their sound understanding of those topics. They also gain the core knowledge needed to achieve a successful start in their professional life.
- ACE 222: Agricultural Marketing (3 credit hours, fall)
- ACE 427: Commodity Price Analysis (3 credit hours, spring and fall)
- ACE 428: Commodity Futures & Options (3 credit hours, spring)
- FIN 300: Financial Markets, 3, Fall, Spring, Alternative for ACE 222
- FIN 412: Options & Futures Markets, 3, Fall, Spring, Alternative for ACE 428
- ACE 499: Commodity & Currency Risk Management, 3, Fall
- ACE 398: Intermediate Commodity Marketing, 2, Spring, 8-week module. If selecting this course as an elective then also need to take ACE 398 Crop Insurance
- ACE 398 - Crop Insurance, 1, Spring, 4-week module.
Upon completing your required coursework, you will need to submit a completion request for your certificate.